Monday 28 July 2014

A Quilty Post.

After a busy weekend it was good to slow down a little today. After doing a few necessaries around the house I retired to my play room and got stuck into my advent calender project.
Rather than layering and quilting I 'bagged out' the layers and then did some quilting!
Nothing too fancy, I used black thread to follow the outlines of the fireplace, you can't see it here, but it does pop out a little.
I followed the stripe pattern around the edges and the tiles of the fireplace in a neutral colour. I've also worked a little on the clock using a variegated brown, probably not the best, but all I had on hand. 
This afternoon I'll be adding bundles of beads over all the holly berries and maybe a few charms or other items, just to add a little more bling.
My companion while I was quilting didn't stay long!
After saying good morning he wandered off when he realised he wouldn't be invited in.
He is a sweet kitty and often calls to say hello.
Right, I need to feed me, before I do the beads.

4 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Your advent calendar is looking great.

Janice said...

Looking good and it should be finished in plenty of time for Christmas.

Diane-crewe said...

how wonderful that you will have a new home to put all your Christmas decoration up in this year xx Looks good x

AnnieO said...

Glad you're not sewing alone, lol! Looks like the project is coming along well.