Monday 5 October 2015

Changing of the guard.

It really was only a short time ago that I made this blog post about my long awaited quilt hanger.
But, as spring has most definitely sprung here.
I decided it was time for a change.

This quilt was made from a kit many years ago.
There are things I would do differently now and indeed since hanging it, I have started to plan some maintenance for it.
But for now, it is a beautiful summery greeting for anyone coming through my front door. 
*
I have been finding/making time to do a little cross stitch, but most of my spare time at the moment has been spent out in the garden.
Remember the cherry tree I showed in my last post?
For the last few days working under that has been wonderful. It keeps me shaded from the hot sun and, it is a great attraction for honey bees.
There are so many of them, and so much busy buzzing you could be mistaken for believing you were very close to a hive.

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

While on the other side of the world I have been getting out my autumn quilts:). I'll enjoy your garden efforts since I have a black thumb...

Have you actually checked for a hive, lol?

Jenny said...

Your pretty butterflies really sing "Spring", don't they! Reminds me to change the quilt I've got hanging in the sitting room too.

Janice said...

The butterflies certainly are nice fresh welcome for spring.

Cath said...

That quilt looks lovely from where I am sitting! Are they the big bees? I know you have them in NZ. We have big bees in Tas too. There is a very fragrant Daphne shrub just outside my lounge window and the bees love it so I often hear their buzzing when I am sat stitching....really big bees are really loud buzzers! Cath from Bits'nBobs

Anonymous said...

Hi Loulee,i love your quilt,the colours are gorgeous,bees were scarce here for a few years and we have noticed there are quite a few around now.xx